Car Care Tips
If your car was painted…
During the repair process, your car was expertly refinished using Dupont Automotive Finishes. Please follow the Dupont recommended guidelines below in order to extend the life and protect your new finish.
During the first 30 days after painting:
- Hand-wash your vehicle frequently using only fresh water
- Try to avoid parking under trees, as sap and bird droppings may damage your car’s finish. If you notice sap or bird droppings, rinse immediately with fresh water.
Between 31 and 120 days after painting:
- You may wash your vehicle using mild soap (not detergent) to remove any heavy soil.
- Do not wax your vehicle during the first 120 days after paint refinishing
For long-term paint protection, follow the below guidelines:
- Park in a sheltered area whenever possible.
- Never use a scraper to remove ice, snow, etc from any painted surfaces.
- Do not let gasoline or antifreeze stay on painted surfaces. If such a substance makes contact with a painted surface, rinse with water as soon as possible.
- Do not wash your vehicle in direct, hot sunlight.
- Never wipe your car’s paint with a dry cloth; always use a damp cloth.
- Avoid abrasive brushes, cleaners, and chemicals. This includes automatic car washes, because the brushes may scratch the exterior of your vehicle.